M&A: Rise Of Cross-Border Transaction
Published on Sat, Mar 30,2013 | 16:24, Updated at Sat, Mar 30 at 16:24Source : Moneycontrol.com
Grant Thornton has released its recent International Business Report (IBR) – “Mergers & acquisitions: The rise of the cross-border transaction”.
The key highlights of the report are as below:
• The global expectation that cross-border M&A will drive acquisitive growth has increased by 56% since 2008 and 18% in the last year alone.
• The results from India (59% increase) illustrate that the recent economic slowdown and political and economic issues still to be resolved appear to be impacting on where businesses seek acquisitions with a greater focus on overseas opportunities
• The results of the survey show that 28% of businesses across the globe expect to be participating in M&A activity in the next three years.
• 25% of Indian businesses plan to grow the acquisitive way in the next three years.
• When asked how they expect to finance their growth strategies, it is notable that bank finance slipped to 48% of respondents from 53% last year.